Today's musical purchases....

Living in the Past - album coverWith about a week ago until payday I told myself not to spend any more money on music at least for the next 6 days. So what do I do today? Go to Trowbridge and buy a nice selection of CDs and vinyl....

At the same indoor market stall where I bought my first ever record in the 90's, I picked up some great stuff and could've got even more if I wasn't limiting my budget. The stall is called Heroes Records and has always been run by Gordon, a top bloke and a proud survivor amongst Wiltshire's ever-decreasing music retailers. Always guaranteed to have awesome music at great prices, this stall has been essential throughout my music-consuming life, and this time proved to be a godsend yet again. I got 2 OMD albums 'Organisation' and 'Architecture And Morality', 'Midnight to Midnight' by the Psychedelic Furs, the excellent Jethro Tull LP 'Living In The Past', and finally after years of wanting to get it, a copy of 'Kilimanjara' by the Teardrop Explodes. All on vinyl.
Brushed - album cover

And a couple of bargain CD singles, 'This Is Music' by The Verve and 'Brushed' by Paul Weller, which I owned years ago.

Paranoid Android [CD2] - album coverThen onto a couple of charity shops where more 90's CD singles begged me to purchase them. CD 2 of Radiohead's 'Paranoid Android', 'Everybody Knows...' by the Divine Comedy, 'I Wasn't Built To Get Up' by The Supernaturals (which i also owned back in 1998), CD 2 of Pulp's 'This Is Hardcore' (which features an excellent 'Swedish Erotica' remix), two Gene singles 'Fighting Fit' and 'We Could Be Kings', and finally 'Halo' by Texas, which despite me not being that keen on Texas, is a great song with fantastic string arrangements from Mike Hedges. Album wise I found a copy of 'Bagsy Me' by The Wannadies for a quid.

Pleased most definitely.

Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...