SONG FOR TODAY: Death In Vegas ft Bobby Gillespie - One More Time


For those not familiar with the concept of 'Song For Today', it is a daily feature of this blog, bringing you an excellent track every day. The new series of 'Song For Today' is an A to Z of some of the vinyl records that I own, all from different genres. As before I will try and not use a band or artist that has already featured in 'Song For Today'..... Today we reach 'D'....

Back in the late 90's and early 2000's I was utterly obsessed with the music of Primal Scream. Singer Bobby Gillespie contributed vocals to 'Soul Auctioneer', one of the best tracks from Death In Vegas' claasic 1999 album 'The Contino Sessions', and in 2000 he worked with Death In Vegas again. 'One More Time' was released as a limited edition 10" vinyl and shows a more ubdeat, funky side to Death In Vegas. I made sure I snapped up my copy of the single, which I got on its day of release from Replay Records in Bath. A single sided red vinyl with a face etched into the other side, this is a very cool little record indeed.....



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...