SONG FOR TODAY: Midget - Artwork (By G Beasley)

Those not familiar with the concept of the day should be aware that I do an A to Z series of great songs, one for every day, and for the last few weeks I have been running you through an A to Z of lost late 90's/early 00's indie classics, mostly from forgotten bands.

Apart from not finding anything suitable for the letter 'Q', I've managed to find a band for every letter so far.... up until now. After Whistler yesterday I'm afraid I couldn't find any lost indie classics from the late 90's/early 00's that were made by any artists beginning with X,Y or Z. So to make up for that here's the group I was going to include as 'M' before I settled on Mainstream's brilliant 'Step Right Up'...

Like most of the tracks I have previously featured in this series, I bought this in the late 90's after hearing it on Steve Lamacq's Evening Session. I know Midget released an album after this single, but I never heard from them again. A website I came across while looking for information about Midget suggests they are still together, although it is possibly an out of date site. The only Midget track I've heard yet (apart from the rather shit B sides on the single) here's 'Artwork (By G Beasley)'




Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...