SONG FOR TODAY: Curtis Mayfield - Move On Up (full length)

ImageIn the late 1990's i was utterly obsessed with Primal Scream. Reading interviews with Bobby Gillespie taught me about a diverse array of bands who influenced the Scream, and Curtis Mayfield was one of those artists. Around the same time I had learned that Curtis Mayfield had recently died, and in a bit of great timing I soon found a CD of his in a £2.99 bargain bin in Kwik Save. The CD was an excellent compilation entitled 'Give It Up - The Best Of The Curtom Years 1970-1977' and I fell in love with the songs from the first time I played them. I soon discovered other Curtis Mayfield tracks that I also loved, but this is probably still the most well known of them. And it wouldn't sound complete without the incredible intro.....


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...