Liam Gallagher sues Noel Gallagher over Oasis split 'lies'

Has it really come to this?

Beady Eye frontman Liam Gallagher has announced he is suing brother Noel over comments he made about the demise of Oasis.

The singer has filed the high court action after his brother said in a press conference that he had pulled out of a headline performance at V Festival in 2009 due to a hangover and that the band's split was in part down to an argument over whether he could advertise his clothing firm Pretty Green in the band's tour programme. Liam denies both allegations and has now legally acted to force a public apology.

Noel made the comments that have caused his brother to take legal action in a press conference.

In a statement Liam begins by stating: "I have taken legal action against Noel Gallagher for statements he made claiming Oasis pulled out of the 2009 V Festival Chelmsford gig because I had a hangover. That is a lie and I want Oasis fans and others who were at V to know the truth." He then goes on to detail his reasons for the suit and says his brother's comments have gone "way beyond rock'n'roll banter" and "have questioned his professionalism". He ends the statement by saying he "only wants an apology".

The statement reads in full:

"I have taken legal action against Noel Gallagher for statements he made claiming Oasis pulled out of the 2009 V Festival Chelmsford gig because I had a hangover. That is a lie and I want Oasis fans and others who were at V to know the truth. I was gutted when I couldn't play the gig because I didn't want to let the fans down. But the truth is I had laryngitis, which Noel was made fully aware of that morning, diagnosed by a doctor. Noel also falsely stated the demise of Oasis followed a massive row in which he claimed I demanded to advertise my clothing range Pretty Green in the Oasis tour programme. The truth is there was no such discussion or row between us. I am used to being called all sorts of things by Noel and I have in the past said things about him. But what Noel has alleged this time went way beyond rock-and-roll banter and questioned my professionalism. I tried to resolve this amicably but have been left with no choice but legal action. All I want is an apology."
Noel has yet to respond to the suit, but the two brothers will now be forced to come to some sort of agreement, whether in or outside the courts.

Liam Gallagher's lawsuit against brother Noel has taken a surprising turn after pictures emerged of him partying the night before Oasis cancelled show at V Festival in 2009.

Liam is suing his older brother over claims at his solo press conference that the show was pulled because the singer had a hangover. Liam claims laryngitis, and says he has a doctor's note to prove it. Oasis split up the following week.

But in surprise developments today (August 20), The Sun has obtained photographs of Liam, apparently still at the Staffordshire festival site, drinking into the early hours.

A fan who was there two years ago told the paper:

"After the gig in Staffordshire, Noel headed down to London. But Liam, other band members and his close friends stayed and had a party in his trailer. He didn't seem to have anything wrong with his voice."

Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...