MUSIC MEMORABILIA: #11 - Blur t shirt

Today's Random Musical Item is another band t shirt, this time a Blur one that I have recently purchased. This is the first Blur shirt I have bought in years and it is one of only two that I still own. The other is a black long sleeved shirt with a circular purple and yellow band logo on the front and a black and white picture of the band on the back. I think I got this second hand one some point in the late 90's, purchased from a car boot sale or some such other place. Other items of Blur clothing I owned in the past but sadly can no longer find include a white shirt with a the band's name presented in a way that resembled the Durex condom logo, which I bought from Woolworths in Chippenham back in the mid 90's. 

From about the same time there was a grey or possibly white T shirt with the front cover of 'The Great Escape' on it, purchased again from Woolworths but I can't remember if it was the Melksham or Chippenham one. Another shirt I can't remember the place of purchase of was a dark blue shirt with the design from the 'Charmless Man' single, which I remember buying very cheaply from either Woolworths in Melksham or HMV in Bath. A shirt that definitely came from the latter shop was a green t shirt with the beermat design from the 'Parklife' single that I bought in either 1995 or 1996. 

Over the last year or so I have a managed to find some of my most treasured band shirts from the past, but unfortunately i have yet to find any of these old Blur shirts which were far easier to buy than they are now. Still, i'm impressed by the simple design of this new shirt you see pictured here, which I will probably be wearing when I go to see them in August, after 18 years of waiting...


Comments

  1. Hi Mr Scott,

    I just read this archive post... if you wanna sell some t-shirts (long sleeve ones) do let me know XD

    Cheers
    D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...