REWIND: Two Wounded Birds - 'Together Forever'

My weekly radio show features a regular feature called '1 To Z', where I am gradually playing every single band or artist from my record collection. Yesterday it was the turn of The Abyssinians and Two Wounded Birds to feature, and wondering what 2WB had been upto recently, I went over to their Facebook page. When I got there, I read the news that the group had split up. Last November in fact. 

So why didn't I know about this? How could a hotly-tipped, critically acclaimed band like them split up without the fans noticing? It's clear that certain "music news" sites aren't doing their job properly. And yes, I'm talking about you NME, failing to inform us of news like this and instead preferring to cater for morons who want to read meaningless tabloid gossip.

Two Wounded Birds leave behind one very fine self-titled debut album, released in 2012 on Holiday Recording Friends records.  From it, here is the brilliant 'Together Forever'. If only they were...

"Two Wounded Birds were a rock and roll band, formed in Margate, Kent, in 2010. The band consisted of Johnny Danger (vocals, guitar), Ally Blackgrove (bass), Joe Stevens (guitar) and James Shand (drums). The band's sound had been compared to The Tornado's, The Beach Boys, The Velvet Underground, Link Wray, and Phil Spector..."

My review of their debut album can be found HERE.



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...