REWIND: The Divine Comedy - 'National Express'

So much to do today. So little time to do it in. And putting together this week's bloody music news round-up has eaten away an hour of my day. So today's 'Rewind' track is one that you're just going to have to find out about yourself... OK I can't resist, I'm going to have to say at least a few words about this! It's on The Divine Comedy's 'Fin de Siècle' album from 1998, and when I first heard it I thought it was terrible. I also thought it would bomb commercially, but instead it proved to be the most successful single from the album and reached number 8 in the singles charts. 

According to the ever-handy Wikipedia "the song is based on Neil Hannon's observations of life from the window of a National Express coach. Some critics have criticised the song for "sneering" at the working classes, but Hannon has vehemently dismissed this notion..."



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...