REWIND: Oasis - 'Champagne Supernova'

Yesterday (October 2) marked exactly 18 years since the classic Oasis album '(What's The Story?') Morning Glory' arrived into the music world. Wow, doesn't time fly? In a piece of brilliant coincidence, as part of my weekly RW/FF With Ben P Scott column, tomorrow I am publishing the latest instalment of my musical memories, which finds me recalling the very first time I set ears on this legendary, world beating LP. 

"In terms of a classic album reaching a major climactic peak, the magnificent 'Champagne Supernova' is the ultimate rock n roll epic. The way those guitars rev up just before the chorus sent shivers down my spine the first time i listened, and still does so to this very day. Its power made you believe that a band capable of something as incredible as this could do anything. They could be the biggest thing to EVER happen to music and they could change the world... It seemed that Oasis were rising higher and higher, and even though 'Champagne Supernova' was truly as good as it got, its magic made you believe that even bigger and better things were to come..."

So it's only fitting that I play the stunning 'Champagne Supernova' as today's 'Rewind'. Come back tomorrow to read the full story...



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...