Track Of The Day: Roy Harper - 'The Enemy'

Copying info from Wikipedia is a lazy thing for a music blogger to do. I'm NOT being lazy today, just very busy finishing off album reviews and attempting to prepare the weekly Friday column for tomorrow... 

"Roy Harper is an English folk/rock singer, songwriter and guitarist who has been a professional musician since 1964. He has released a large catalogue of albums (22 studio albums and 10 live albums). His influence has been acknowledged by many musicians including Jimmy Page and Robert Plant of Led Zeppelin (who named the song "Hats Off to (Roy) Harper" after him), Pete Townshend of The Who, Kate Bush, Pink Floyd (who invited him to sing guest lead vocals on their song "Have a Cigar"), and Ian Anderson of Jethro Tull; who stated Harper was his "...primary influence as an acoustic guitarist and songwriter." More recently, Harper's influence has reached across the Atlantic and been acknowledged by Seattle-based acoustic band Fleet Foxes, American musician and producer Jonathan Wilson and Californian harpist Joanna Newsom with whom he has also toured. In 2011, Harper turned 70 and performed a celebratory concert at London's Royal Festival Hall. His most recent album, 'Man and Myth', was released in 2013."

Oh well, at least I didn't try and pass the writing off as my own. Hopefully you'll appreciate my "transparency"... Here's the opening track from 'Man And Myth', his first batch of original songs in 13 years. In an interview with The Telegraph, Harper stated “I don’t want to give it up, it’s my place, it’s the place I really belong. I’m not looking to be a pop star, I’m looking to be accepted by my own peers, my own generation and succeeding generations for what I am.”



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...