REWIND: Alice In Chains - 'Them Bones'

The latest entry in the '1 To Z' series... Out of all the many musical phases I've been through in my (nearly) three decades, the early 90's grunge boom is something I've never fully investigated. Maybe it's because I grew up with the Britpop music that reacted against it. But there was a time in the late 90's-early 2000's when I had a bit of a Nirvana period, and I must admit to being keen on one or two Pearl Jam tracks, however that's about the size of it as far as grunge is concerned. So this track from Alice In Chains is probably the only one of theirs that I'm really familiar with, and yes you've guessed it, this one comes from a compilation album. Entitled 'Greetings From Uncle Sam', this US rock-based collection was released on Columbia Records in 1993, but I picked it up in the year 2000 from a little video rental/hi fi/CD shop called PR Sounds, which used to open late and was a five minute walk from my old house. I bought it as the place was closing down due to a lack of trade. Damn Blockbusters. You can read a little bit about many of the local record shops in Wiltshire that I used to visit HERE


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...