REWIND: Placebo - 'You Don't Care About Us'

A bit of Placebo for today's 'Rewind' selection. No reason why, just fancied it, that's all. I remember one holiday I took with my family in Newquay back in 1998, where I spent a lot of the Monday of that week bugging my Mum to hurry up with her daily activities so we could go to the local record store and buy a copy of the 'Pure Morning' on the day it was released. Still feel guilty for that until this day. My mum must have spent epic amounts of time being dragged around music retailers when I was young, and for that I am forever grateful. This single followed 'Pure Morning' about a month or so later, and landed at number 5 in the charts. Soon after that I bought the band's second album 'Without You I'm Nothing', which contained both tracks. Don't make the mistake of thinking that their more recent material is anywhere near as good. It isn't. A review I wrote on last year's 'Loud Like Love' can be read HERE.



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...