REWIND: Symposium - 'Bury You'

One thing I love about the summer coming closer is the sudden emergence of car boot sales in my local area of Wiltshire. A few days ago I spent a pleasant Sunday morning at one in Lacock, where I was searching for vinyl and old Doctor Who books/merchandise. I didn't find any of those things, but I did come back with a load of CD albums. One of them was 'On The Outside', the debut (and only) studio album) from Symposium


Although I bought all the singles from it back in the day, CD albums seemed to be more expensive then, so 'On The Outside' remained unpurchased until two years ago when I got myself a digital copy. I used to hear this lot quite often during the late 90s, since their punky brand of indie rock was played regularly on The Evening Session, which I used to listen to on Radio 1 every weeknight from 1997 to 2001. Symposium split in 2000 and seem to have been forgotten about by many. Maybe a reunion would jog peoples' memories... 'Bury You' reached number 41 in the UK singles chart. I bought this single when it was released back in 1998, but still have a bit of trouble understanding the sentiment behind the lyrics "I wouldn't bury you, not even if you died". A bit odd. Superb tune though.




Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...