REWIND: The Temptations - 'Shakey Ground'

A brilliant vintage offering from The Temptations, which I hadn't heard until it was played on BBC 6Music a week or so ago. I always used to think of this lot as sentimental and light, probably due to the fact that I only knew 'My Girl' and a few others, but after realising they were responsible for 'Papa Was A Rolling Stone', my view of the group changed. Over the last few years I've discovered superb tracks like 'Ball Of Confusion' which revealed to me that their music had greater depth than many think. 


'Shakey Ground' was released in 1975 was co-written by Funkadelic guitarist Eddie Hazel, who plays lead guitar on the song. Original Funkadelic bassist Billy "Bass" Nelson also plays on the song. THAT explains why they sound like they're getting a major funk on.


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...