Track Of The Day: Paul Weller - 'Brand New Toy'

As I'm sure all readers are aware, tomorrow (April 19) is Record Store Day. It will be the fifth year that I have taken part in the event, but this year has seen a bit of negativity surrounding the event. I agree completely that out of the 700+ releases hitting the shops tomorrow, most of them are pointless and completely inessential in every way possible. Which means that all the best stuff is going to be buried in amongst all the junk. To be honest, as a music buyer, I am only interested in buying music that I don't already own. So the stream of overpriced reissues is of no interest to me. Instead, I am going to do what music lovers should be doing on Record Store Day... Buying records. Records that I actually need. I buy records all year round, and tomorrow is going to be no different. However as well as the Temples/Jagwar Ma 12", I am still tempted to shell out some cash on this brand new and rather 'White Album'-esque Paul Weller track, which is also going to be appearing on his upcoming 'Modern Classics 2' compilation, an album that rounds up the highlights of his career from 1999 to the present day. Because I own all the tracks on that compilation, it would make more sense for me to purchase the single instead, hence why The Modfather's RSD offering is at the top of my list.



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...