REWIND: MC5 - 'American Ruse'

The MC5 were a band who I decide I NEEDED to listen to after reading Primal Scream's Bobby Gillespie raving about their music in various interviews. So one day in the early 2000's I purchased an album called 'Motor City Is Burning', a compilation pulling together various live tracks from the Detroit legends. It was the only thing of theirs that I could find in the much-missed shelves of Replay Records in Bath, and at £7 I decided to buy it rather than wait till I could find one of the proper albums. The CD turned out to be of very poor quality soundwise, but the songs spoke for themselves... From the 1970 album 'Back In The USA', here is the vigorous rock n roll cracker 'American Ruse'. 'Back in the USA' was their second album overall but their debut studio effort folowing on from the legendary live album 'Kick Out The Jams'. The LP virtually provided a prototype for punk with its short, fast, hard-edged angry guitar rock.


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...