REWIND: Belle And Sebastian - 'I Fought In A War'

This week's 'Rewind' selections are all from the year 2000, a memorable year for many different reasons. This one is a big favorite of mine... I discovered Belle And Sebastian after hearing a few tracks on The Evening Session in 1998, and also remember a few ecstatic NME reviews. I went out and bought their sublime 1998 album 'The Boy With The Arab Strap' during the week it was released, and remember it soundtracking the Autumn of 98 wonderfully. The follow up 'Fold Your Hand Child You Walk Like A Peasant' came in 2000 and I recall getting a copy for my 16th birthday around the time of my GCSE exams. Overall the album didn't match up to its predecessor, but the opening track was a beautifully haunting delight... The band are releasing a new album in January entitled 'Girls In Peacetime Want To Dance', and their previous LPs have recently been reissued on vinyl.



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...