REWIND: Elmore James and his Broomdusters - 'Dust My Blues'


Since RW/FF is all about the music I listen to, it's a good opportunity to feature and familiarise myself with new things that I have recently purchased. Yesterday (January 24) a visit to a second hand house clearance shop in town led me to a selection of CDs on sale for 75p each. As well as getting myself a copy of The Rolling Stones' 'Aftermath' and a compilation featuring the best of The Beach Boys' post-1960's output, I found a 2 CD collection of tracks favoured by the late great John Peel. Featuring everything from Lonnie Donegan to Orbital, 'John Peel: A Tribute' ends with the Elmore James number 'Dust My Blues', a wonderful example of blues guitar at its rawest. For this 1955 recording, Elmore James was backed by veteran New Orleans musicians, including bassist Frank Fields, drummer Earl Palmer, and pianist Edward Frank.


Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...