Track Of The Day: The Prodigy - 'The Day Is My Enemy'

The Prodigy have returned after a very lengthy break, six years in fact. Their new album is called 'The Day Is My Enemy', and comes out on March 30. A few weeks ago the band released the first single from the album, a rather underwhelming track by the name of 'Nasty'. Luckily the title track from their sixth full-length effort is exactly the sort of thing I wanted to hear from Liam Howlett and co, a raging brute that could flatten anything in its path. The album title has an unlikely origin, it is in fact a reference to the Cole Porter song 'All Through the Night', in particular its lyrics "the day is my enemy, the night my friend", Liam Howlett has said of the album: "I can’t tell you why this record came out so angry, I think it’s just in-built in me, It’s more about what I like music to do. I’ve always seen music I like as a form of attack. That’s what I use music for, it’s an attack. I didn’t plan this album to sound violent, it’s just the sound that came out of the studio, a kind of build-up over the last four years. ‘Anger is an energy’, that’s a lyric which always resonated with me. The tension is buried deep in the music right from the first drop. It’s all about the sound having that sense of danger. That’s what The Prodigy sound is about."

This track features vocals by Martina Toppley-Bird, who is best known for her work with Tricky.



Comments



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...